Meg McElroy MS, PA-C, IFMCP
Meg McElroy is a board-certified Physician Assistant, with more than a decade of experience as a patient and practitioner of functional/integrative medicine. Her approach is focused on being a health detective, providing thorough patient education, and a “less-is-more” approach (less testing, less supplements/pills) – what she terms “practical medicine”. She is not a fan of excessive use of supplements and dogmatic diets, which often cause overwhelm and may inhibit healing. Functional medicine is not a quick fix, but she never gives up on finding ways to help people feel better!
- Colorado College (Bachelor’s)
- Thomas Jefferson University (Master’s)
- Institute for Functional Medicine (certified practitioner)
- Kresser Institute
- Kharrazian Institute
- Cogence Immunology
- Dr. Paul Anderson’s AAMP Conferences and Monthly Mentorship
- Dr. Michael Ruscio Monthly Membership
- Currently working on becoming an herbalist via Dr. Tieraona Low Dog’s Medicine Lodge Ranch
Meg’s areas of expertise:
- Thyroid conditions
- Unrelenting digestive symptoms (e.g. bloating, IBS-C, IBS-D, GERD)
- Cardiovascular/Metabolic Conditions (e.g. Prediabetes, Type 2 Diabetes, High Cholesterol, Weight Loss Resistance)
- Autoimmune diseases
- Complex Chronic Inflammatory Conditions, including mycotoxin-associated illness, MCAS, CFS, ME
In her free time, Meg writes the blog posts for CCM, and mentors a group of over 2900 PAs and NPs around the country, educating on the practice of cost-effective functional medicine care. She also enjoys getting out in nature with her dog “Lu”, listening to country music, cooking, and working on her artistic/carpentry skills.
Please visit Parsley Health if you are interested in working directly with Meg.